POULTRY - BREEDING DIVISION
RULES AND INFORMATION
The General Rules of the Wise County Youth Fair and the following rules will govern the Poultry Show.
BANTAM AND STANDARD SHOW
1. Bantam and Standards may arrive between 7:00-7:30 am. on Wednesday. Judging will begin following the Broiler show. Release will be following the show.
2. NO crossbred, fighting game cocks or clipped-winged chickens.
3. All birds must have a negative PT Test. A copy of the test papers must be presented on show day. If you need to get birds tested contact the superintendent to do so. (940)393-8907.
4. Breeding poultry exhibits consist of singles and trios. A single may be a pullet, hen, cockerel or cock.
5. All entries must be removed from the barn no later than one hour after the conclusion of the show.
6. Ribbons will be awarded to each entry on the following basis: Blue 90 points or above Red 80-89 points White 70-79 points Yellow 69 points and below
- Pullet is a female bird under one year of age.
- Hen is a female bird one year of age or over.
- Cockerel is a male bird under one year of age.
- Cock is a male bird one year of age or over.
2. Standard Breed Cock
3. Standard Breed Hen
4. Standard Breed Cockerel
5. Standard Breed Pullet
6. Standard Trio
7. Bantam Breed Cock
8. Bantam Breed Hen
9. Bantam Breed Cockerel
10. Bantam Breed Pullet
11. Bantam Trio
*A Trio consists of a cock and two hens of the same breed and owned by the same exhibitor.
All exhibitors will be eligible for showmanship.
Showmanship ages as of January 1st:
Juniors: 8 yrs old & 3rd -5th grade
Intermediate: 6th, 7th & 8th grade
Seniors: 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th grade
American Heritage/Endangered Breed
- No entry fees.
- The breed must be one from the current or prior year Livestock Conservancy Conservation Priority List as Critical or Threatened.
- All entries must have a registration or certification signed by the breeder.
- All "Heritage/Endangered" verification forms must be turned in at the time of registration and /or tag in.
- The highest placing animal of each class within the species will be eligible to compete.
- An award will be presented to the highest placing animal within the species.
- Placing of these animals will have no effect on qualifying for the auction sale.
American Heritage/Endangered Breed Forms should be filled out, signed and mailed or emailed to WCYF by the entry deadline or turned in with weight cards at weigh-in/classification.
Wise County Youth Fair
P.O. Box 1062
Decatur, Texas 76234