James Hubbard, Chairman
Mary Lois Spain-Sipes
WISE COUNTY YOUTH FAIR SCHOLARSHIP
A maximum of fourteen $1,000.00 scholarships will be awarded to one graduating Senior from each school district that has been actively involved in the Wise County Youth Fair during their high school years. The scholarships will be awarded at the Youth Fair prior to the auction. Recipients will be posted and notified of their award. Each recipient must be present to receive the award. In the event that a recipient cannot be present, an alternate may be selected.
Scholarship recipients must claim their scholarships by May 31 of the following year.
Scholarships are competitive and based on the following criteria:
2. Each year of participation in the Wise County Youth fair while in high school.
3. Documentation of the following (limited to one page each).
- List of leadership opportunities.
- List of community service.
- List of major accomplishments.
- Essay on “Why I want this scholarship and what I will do with it.”
- Interview with scholarship committee on four categories of questions. Not all applicants might be interviewed.
Materials to be submitted by February 11th:
1. Essay on “Why I want this scholarship and what I will do with it.”
2. Official high school transcript with class rank.
3. Copy of SAT, ACT or TSI scores confirmed by the counselor's office.
If you have questions, please call Liz Hubbard at 627-6294 or 389-5388.
FYI: On the things that have to be documented - a Principal (school and community activities), Youth Director or Pastor (Church activities) must sign them.