RABBIT SHOW - BREEDING & FRYER DIVISION
RULES AND INFORMATION
1. The General Rules of the Wise County Youth Fair and the ARBA book of Standards will govern the Rabbit Show.
2. This will be a carry cage show. Bring your own cage (with leak proof bottoms) for your rabbits.
3. Ownership of entries will be thirty (30) days prior to judging at the Wise County Youth Fair. Must have proof of ownership.
4. All entries must be clearly and permanently earmarked in the left ear. A registration and tattoo clinic will be held on January 29, 2024 from 4:00-6:00 pm at the Wise County Fairgrounds Rabbit Barn/Quonset Hut.
SEE ENTRY DEADLINES FOR DATE AND PLACE.
ALL RABBITS MUST BE TATTOOED OR TATTOOS CHECKED AND CHECKED FOR BREED AND SEX AT THE TATTOO CLINIC . NO EXCEPTIONS.
It is mandatory that the ear number of all rabbits entered in the Wise County Youth Fair (including meat pens) be registered with the show superintendent at the tattoo clinic in order to show at the WCYF.
IF THERE IS A PROBLEM, NOTIFY THE SUPERINTENDENT OR PRESIDENT ASAP.
5. Rabbits must not be left in the Rabbit Barn without permission of the superintendent.
6. Arrival of Rabbits will be 8:00 - 10:00 am on Tuesday. Weigh in of rabbits will be from 10:00 - 12:00 noon. Judging will begin at 1:00 p.m. for Meat Pens followed by Breeding Rabbits. Release will be following show.
7. Classes will be determined by weight and age as set forth in the ARBA Book of Standards.
8. No wildlife will be shown.
9. Exhibits showing signs of disease or health problems, such as ear canker or cold, will be barred from the show and removed from the fairgrounds.
10. There will be no mixed breed entries.
11. Exhibitors must groom their own animals.
12. Limit two (2) entries per class per variety in breed.
In addition to the above rules Meat Classes are subject to the following rules.
13. Each rabbit should weigh 3.5 to 5.5 pounds. The weight shown on day of show will be the official weight. One rabbit weighing more than 5.5 lbs. will eliminate the entire pen.
14. Limit two (2) meat pens per exhibitor. (3 rabbits per pen)
15. Limit two (2) single fryers per exhibitor.
16. Rabbits will be judged for meat quality.
17. Six (6) meat pens will be sold at auction provided there are at least 10 pens exhibited.
18. Two (2) single fryers (Grand & Reserve) will be sold at auction.
19. Only one (1) pen (meat pen/single fryer) may be sold by any exhibitor. However, any individual can win grand and reserve champion with his/her meat pen or single fryer entry.
20. Animals must be tattooed in left ear or tattoo verified at the tattoo clinic to be entered.
21. The single fryer must be chosen ahead of time.
22. The single fryer cannot be included in a pen of 3.
Rabbits: Rabbit entry consists of singles or pens.
Pens: Three (3) rabbits of the same breed. Age limit not over 10 weeks (70 days) old. Doe: Female rabbit
Buck: Male rabbit
BREEDING SHOW CLASSES:
1. JUNIOR BUCK—Exhibiting junior weight requirements set forth in ARBA Book of Standards.
2. INTERMEDIATE BUCK—Exhibiting intermediate weight requirements set forth in ARBA Book of Standards.
3. SENIOR BUCK—Exhibiting senior weight requirements set forth in ARBA Book of Standards.
4. JUNIOR DOE—Exhibiting junior weight requirements set forth in ARBA Book of Standards.
5. INTERMEDIATE DOE—Exhibiting intermediate weight requirements set forth in ARBA Book of Standards.
6. SENIOR DOE—Exhibiting senior weight requirements set forth in ARBA Book of Standards.
7. DOE & LITTER—Minimum age of litter is four (4) weeks.
FRYER SHOW CLASSES:
8. MEAT PEN—Three (3) rabbits same age and breed (age limit not over 10 weeks).
9. SINGLE FRYER—3.5 to 5.5 pounds not over 10 weeks old.
Ribbons will be awarded for 1st through 5th place.
American Heritage/Endangered Breed
- No entry fees.
- The breed must be one from the current or prior year Livestock Conservancy Conservation Priority List as Critical or Threatened.
- All entries must have a registration or certification signed by the breeder.
- All "Heritage/Endangered" verification forms must be turned in at the time of registration and /or tag in.
- The highest placing animal of each class within the species will be eligible to compete.
- An award will be presented to the highest placing animal within the species.
- Placing of these animals will have no effect on qualifying for the auction sale.
American Heritage/Endangered Breed Forms should be filled out, signed and mailed or emailed to WCYF by the entry deadline or turned in with weight cards at weigh-in/classification.
Wise County Youth Fair
P.O. Box 1062
Decatur, Texas 76234